
Planning for Hajj 2009
Asalaam Alaikum,
About a month ago, I made the intention to Allah (SWT) to go on Hajj this year to fulfill my religious obligation. The biggest issues I faced were the time commitment and cost, but Alhamdulillah, things are falling into place. I have found a $4,000 "express" package of only 10-days from Nov. 20th to Dec. 1st, which falls during my Thanksgiving Break (which means I will only need to take an additional week off if not less). If I can come up with the $1,000 deposit by April 1st, I should be good to go.
Please make du'a (prayer) for me that Allah (SWT) makes it easy for me to attend Hajj this year and that He gives me the taufiq (ability) to save and be frugal so I can save all my extra money for this righteous journey.
The only other Hajj-related issue that I've been grappling with for some time is the tattoo issue, which I've blogged about before. But, I have realized of late that this is an issue where I need to grin and bear it. People will be judging me the rest of my life when they see an Indian/brown guy with tattoos and I will be explaining myself for a long time. I just need to take the time to explain when people ask and then, if anything, most people have more respect because they see where I came from to get to where I am. Having as many tattoos as I do is going to be challenging while going on Hajj in Saudi Arabia, arguably the most conservative country in the world.
But, if Allah (SWT) can forgive me of all my sins before I took shahadah, then can't Muslims?
Salam
ReplyDeleteInsha'Allah I hope Alah makes you hajj easy. Would ever get your tatoos removed since you have so many? Insha'Allah I hope Allah makes things easy for you. One if you please people you won't survive, please Allah he will show you the way. May Allah make things easy for you and insha'Allah bless you with a good wife Ameen!
Conservative? I think your description of Saudi Arabia as conservative is...well...conservative. Why you want to embrace (and be embraced) by a culture so non-accepting is beyond me, Shyam.
ReplyDeleteassalamualaikum...
ReplyDeletei never went for hajj but i know all kinda people will be accepted there as all are brothers. no one will ask you how or why you had tattos or no one will ask a prostitute how many men she had slept with. one reason for anyone doing hajj is they wanna be allah' quests.
dont forget to post your jurney and pray for me to get there!
wassalam...