
I'm speaking @ ISNA!!
Asalaam Alaikum (Peace be with you),
I found out this morning, alhamdulillah, that I'm speaking at the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) conference in two weeks in Columbus, OH. Actually, to be quite honest, I'm actually speaking at the MSA National Conference, which is basically a parallel conference in the same location, but it's still just as cool!
ISNA is the biggest Muslim organization in the world and the conference is equally huge - usually between 35 and 40,000 people, alhamdulillah.
I'm kind of scrambling right now to figure out transportation and lodging, but I hope to see many of you there.
My panel details:
Date: Saturday, August 30th
Title: "Tackling Social Issues: Overcoming Suicide and Depression"
Panelists: Shyam Sriram, Omar Mahmoud and Fatima Mirza
Moderator: Nura Sediqe
Location: Room: Delaware AB, Hyatt Hotel, Columbus, OH
Asalaam Alaikum (Peace be with you),
I found out this morning, alhamdulillah, that I'm speaking at the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) conference in two weeks in Columbus, OH. Actually, to be quite honest, I'm actually speaking at the MSA National Conference, which is basically a parallel conference in the same location, but it's still just as cool!
ISNA is the biggest Muslim organization in the world and the conference is equally huge - usually between 35 and 40,000 people, alhamdulillah.
I'm kind of scrambling right now to figure out transportation and lodging, but I hope to see many of you there.
My panel details:
Date: Saturday, August 30th
Title: "Tackling Social Issues: Overcoming Suicide and Depression"
Panelists: Shyam Sriram, Omar Mahmoud and Fatima Mirza
Moderator: Nura Sediqe
Location: Room: Delaware AB, Hyatt Hotel, Columbus, OH
good luck!!....u have a huge heart if u r interested in subjs like suicide and depression.....
ReplyDeleteanyways back to religion....Islam has been one of the most grossly misused religions....innocent ppl are killed in the name of jehad....if u r ever asked to indulge in such acitivites....wld u? just curious to see how fanatical muslims can be?
today is janmashtami....the birthday of lord Krishna......give ur folks back the Shyam they so lovingly gave birth to and brought up with so much care.....
ReplyDeleteto the last anonymous: No one tells you wat to do with your beliefs and no one puts you down for your religion. Sounds like you know shyam and his family but honestly who are you to tell him wat to do. I also know shyam pretty well, he really doesnt need you on his back constantly telling him he screwed up (even though he didnt do anything but chose to follow HIS beliefs as you do). back off and take a look at yourself. Shyam found the right religion, he is a grown man and can reason on his own. May god guide you and the rest on the right path.
ReplyDelete