Everyone I Know, Goes Away in the End
Salaam Alaikum,
It has been a very hard week and one that two of my regular readers (and my fraternity brothers), Dan and Matt, and I will hopefully never forget. On Sunday, May 27th 2007, one of my our most beloved brothers and friends, Robert McDill, committed suicide. I don't even know how to explain my feelings this week. As I sit typing this here in the lobby of my hotel in Daytona, FL, the only place I want to be in the whole world is West Lafayette, Indiana, so I can feel Rob in everything I do there.
I missed the viewing and the funeral because I had to come here to Florida, but at least I was able to drive down to Lafayette on Tuesday from Chicago to see Rob's family and Rick, his old roommate and another brother. What a hard trip - it just seemed so unreal to be in Lafayette and not see Rob.
in my prayers....
ReplyDeletegod be with his family during these difficult times.
i know dude...i was in prague during the funeral and all i kept thinking was how i wish i was in west lafayette and how rob would have loved to have been there.
ReplyDeleteIt was a great service, with a lot of brothers in attendance. I appreciate that you wish you could have been there, and that yuo took the time to go down early. Best Regards,
ReplyDelete