Ack, Can a Brother Get Some Halal Chinese Food?!?!?
I think I have used up a few postings on my dietary changes and some of the ways I've had to change my lifestyle to accomodate these dietary restrictions. One of the areas of food indulgence I have been hit hardest on has to be Chinese food. There are obviously no Halal Chinese restaurants in this city, so the next best thing is eating only seafood and vegetarian dishes at your average buffet. Let me tell you, it's starting to get a little banal. I don't think I realized till now how displeasing a Chinese buffet must be for a vegetarian - there are probably only 5 dishes (besides the salad bar, jello, desserts at your usual quasi-Chinese-American buffet). And the seafood options are not fantastic either. Well, let me rephrase that too - there are seafood options, but I don't know if it's a good idea to eat mussels and crawfish from a buffet line.
So, it is with much sadness, that I resign myself - at least temporarily - to the idea that cost-effective Chinese buffets are out of my reach reach right now :(
"When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."
ReplyDeleteHow bout some Halal Indo-Chinese? Seems to be everywhere around the ATL these days. Its pretty weird stuff.
ReplyDeleteCZ
bamboo garden located opposite zykas next to patel brothers has halal chinese, probably $8 a plate, but v.worth it!
ReplyDeletehot wok-halal chinese food
ReplyDeletewe can always hit up Chai Chinese in Toco Hills
ReplyDeletemmm kosher chinese
come to birmingham - that's birmingham england - we have a very nice halal chinese restaurant.
ReplyDelete