Wednesday, March 23, 2011




Back in Black

Asalaam Alaikum (Peace be with you),

My trip to India was wonderful, Alhamdulillah, and I am already immersing myself in work and graduate school and am looking forward to an exciting summer of travel and academic development. I still want to visit Israel and Palestine insha'Allah but am closely monitoring the recent attacks that killed 10 Palestinians and yesterday's bombing in Jerusalem. We shall see what happens ... Even if I don't visit India, I am spending a week in Daytona, FL at the AP Reading; at least a weekend with some friends in Naples, FL; and either a week in Boston or Philly depending on which grant I receive from the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH). I am also going to teach, prepare a new class for the fall that I've never taught and - gasp! - write a book chapter.

May Allah SWT put Baraka in my efforts and guide me ONLY towards what is good.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. May your endeavors be successful, Inshallah.

    ReplyDelete