Monday, September 13, 2010

Blog Hiatus

Asalaam Alaikum Friends,

Alhamdulillah, Ramadan has come to an end and with it, most of my free time. Between work and grad school - I have restarted my Ph.D. - I am fairly swamped. I really enjoyed myself this past weekend (GSU football, Braves game, paintball and two Eid dinners), but I have to face the music and all the work that has piled up. So, I will be taking a break from blogging till probably October 1st. Insha'Allah I will finish my first batch of doctoral assignments - one interview and two book reviews - and will have more time to commit to writing about topics that I am passionate about.

A small sample of upcoming issues insha'Allah:

1. The sad state of Mother's Day in the Muslim world.
2. "Popular" tattooing vs. Cosmetic tattooing vs. Plastic Surgery - What's halal and what's not?
3. Racist and intolerant friends
4. Priviledge in the classroom

1 comment:

  1. good luck with the assignments, and look forward to reading your blog in first week of october.cheers

    ReplyDelete