Thoughts on education, politics, social justice, equality, pop culture and Islam through the heart, mind and soul of an American Muslim. I am a 32-year old male, Hindu convert to Islam, community college professor, doctoral student and past coordinator for Muslim Men Against Domestic Violence. Please email me at iwontjudgeyou@live.com
alternatively, you might get mad and decide you wanted to hurt Israel at any cost, because the rage you feel at losing your family has to be directed somewhere.
which one do you think has happened historically? which one do you think will happen now?
Ah, mattress recycles the dominant colonial narrative that re-writes the local to fit the Euro-view. Of course, Isreal is *only* a victim and did *nothing* to proke the attack. those "vicious" and "barbaric" Muslims need civilizing--ah, yes, the quintessential civilizing mission. More interesting is that Israel continues to attack Gaza, but because of the *declared* "cease-fire," few people in the world consider it "war," thus no negative attention toward Euro-Israel. I suppose the Gazans might maintain a different opinion.
If that happened to my country every time I fired some crappy rockets into Israel, maybe I'd stop doing that...
ReplyDeletealternatively, you might get mad and decide you wanted to hurt Israel at any cost, because the rage you feel at losing your family has to be directed somewhere.
ReplyDeletewhich one do you think has happened historically? which one do you think will happen now?
Ah, mattress recycles the dominant colonial narrative that re-writes the local to fit the Euro-view. Of course, Isreal is *only* a victim and did *nothing* to proke the attack. those "vicious" and "barbaric" Muslims need civilizing--ah, yes, the quintessential civilizing mission. More interesting is that Israel continues to attack Gaza, but because of the *declared* "cease-fire," few people in the world consider it "war," thus no negative attention toward Euro-Israel. I suppose the Gazans might maintain a different opinion.
ReplyDeletestudent of history