Final Jumuah at Al-Farooq :(
Salaam Alaikum Everyone,
First off, I only realized late last Saturday that July 21st 2007 was my one-year anniversary as a Muslim. Alhamdulillah (blessings to Allah). I suppose when I have some free time, I will write something about what I have learned in the last year. But, I just thought I'd write a little bit about the intense sadness I am going to feel in less than 12 hours when I leave jumuah [mandatory Friday congregational prayer] at Al-Farooq Masjid [14th Street mosque].
Al-Farooq has really become my home in the last year. There is no other place I love and respect as much as that building. It seems fitting that I would attend jumuah there since that's where I took the shahada "ashadu anla illaha illallah wa muhammad rasulullah [I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger."]
There are many mosques in Atlanta and I have been to several. But, Al-Farooq is not only the most diverse mosque in the state - over 80 nationalities worship there - but, I really don't feel as comfortable going anywhere else in Atlanta. I know the imam very well as well as many of the regulars who pray there daily. It has really become my home. In fact, Atlanta - in the last year - has become my spiritual home like no other and will always be my Muslim home, no matter where I live from here on out.
anyway, off to sleep. g'nite.
Yay! I just had my Jewiversary too.
ReplyDeleteSad that you're leaving us though :(